Dharamshala is one of the favorite tourist places in Himachal Pradesh. I have known it for two things only: Dharamshala Cricket Ground and second for Dalai Lama temple but when we planned a trip for Dharamshala I explored many thing things over there and lots of information. It is segmented into two distinct areas.
Upper Dharamshala & Lower Dharamshala
Lower Dharamshala – Consist of school, local hospitals, govt offices & commercial area. There are many gardens and viewpoints while driving through.
Upper Dharamshala – consist of McLeod Ganj over there many things to explore like Bhagsu Nath Temple, Tibet Museum, Bhagsunag Fall, Trihund Trek.
It is situated at a high altitude of about 4000 meters .It is also known as Little Lhasa after Tibetan migrant to Dharamshala.
The ideal time to visit.
The ideal time to visit is May To October.
Facts about Dharamshal
- It is the district headquarter of Kangra district.
- It has the world’s highest altitude cricket stadium.
- In Dharamshala shopping is a little bit costly because goods here come from Chandigarh, Delhi and even from Nepal.
- Some favorites food over the street are Momos, Thupka, Pocha.
Journey to Dharamshala.
- We had a bus around 10.30 Pm from the Chandigarh bus stand.
- We reached by there around there 4 am at Dharamshala bus stand.
- From Dharamshala we took cab To MCLEOD Ganj and over there we have booked the hotel.
- After reaching there 1st day we hired a cab and travel around Dharamshala.
- Second day we planned to trihund trek. The trek level is moderate, when we did our trek it took 3 to 4 hours to reach but it’s fine to take some rest in between, over there we witnessed beauty hills, each visitor can associate with oneself in this environment.
- Third day we went to the Dalai Lama temple.
What cost does it take to trek in Triund?
- There are many bus services available from Chandigarh ISBT. HRTC Volvo bus costs you around 780 RS for one way.
- The Hotel Room Rent costs you around Rs 1000.
- At the top the food prices are very high, so pack your bag with snacks as much as you can carry and one big water bottle with you.
- Tent and Sleeping bags cost you around Rs 600 (Starting Price) and 4-5 hours of trekking will take you to the top.
- Three-time food costing around Rs 800
I would state it’ll cost you around 5.5K depends what services you are searching for and in the event that it incorporates your vehicle too so the cost will be minimal high as Triund Trek is extraordinary compared to other novice treks and most well-known Treks in India you should visit and offers to hypnotize snowcapped mountains with amazing climate which would confide in me to take your breath away totally and makes you feel out of the world.